To sum up M83’s set at Osheaga:
- Talked to a couple of people in the crowd while we waited in between Bloc Party and M83. Super friendly kids. Some travelled from Detroit to Osheaga and others came from Ottawa just like us! One found a siq~ key on the ground and gave it to me. Didn’t get their names but they were superfantastique!
- Didn’t really think that an M83 show could get violent…but SHIT. I totally lost my cool because I couldn’t pay attention to the show due to the fact that douchewads high on M constantly were pushing me over. A part of the show? No. Let me fucking jam.
- They played a bunch of my faves. I was very content with their setlist. 99% of which I could scream at the top of my lungs. FuckYEE.
- The lights were amazing.
As for the rest of Osheaga today…
- the rain didn’t really ruin MUCH, yet we could’ve done without it.
- Passion Pit was AMAZING to finally see and seeing everyone sing along was sweet.
- Bloc Party was damn epic and we partied hard to them. Brother crowd surfed. That’s definitely a goal of mine next year. We got absolutely DRENCHED and just JAMMED. It’s awesome being carefree sometimes.
- Barely got to see The Shins because we wanted to leave early to get a spot for Bloc Party in order to get close to M83 (it worked…we were like 2-3 metres away from the stage kljfdgkfd)
- Didn’t get to see Black Keys and Metric because we sacrificed them for other bands we thought were harder to see on tour. Wanted to catch the end of The Black Keys but…there were complications. Ah well.
Overall…an EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC weekend. I’m supposed to be going to Indonesia next summer…but I’m crossing my fingers SO HARD so that the month that I’m Indonesia doesn’t coincide with Osheaga.
4 notes · #m83 #osheaga #music #music festival #fawkyeeee #bloc party #party #rain #the shins #passion pit #montreal